American Taekwondo Association Facts
Facts About ATA:
- The American Taekwondo Association was founded by Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee in 1969.
- The ATA is the single largest martial arts organization in North America and is dedicated to the martial arts discipline of Taekwondo.
- There are more than 350,000 members of the ATA worldwide.
- The ATA is internationally headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- The ATA has nearly 1,500 schools in current operation in five continents.
- There are five programs the ATA utilizes in its education of Taekwondo:
- Tiny Tigers Program- ages 3 to 6 years old
- Karate for Kids Program- ages 7 to 13 years old
- Black Belt Academy Program- adults
- Protech Training Weapons Program
- ATA Xtreme
- The ATA family lives by the philosophy of Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee, ?Today not possible, tomorrow possible.?
- Grand Master Soon Ho Lee is the leader of the American Taekwondo Association as the highest ranked (9th degree black belt) individual in the organization.
- Mrs. Sun C. Lee, widow of Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee, is the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the H.U. Lee Memorial Foundation Scholarship Program for the ATA.
- The ATA Master?s Council is the supreme group of decision makers and leaders for the organization with the guidance of Grand Master Soon Ho Lee. This elite group is charged with the solemn duty of caring for and guiding Eternal Grand Master’s life’s work and most valuable treasure, the Songahm Family.? The council’s members include:?? Chief Master Robert S. Allemier,? Chief Master William G. Clark,? Chief Master In Ho Lee,? Chief Master G.K. Lee,? Chief Master M.K. Lee